- 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month
- 6:00 p.m. - City Council Work Session
- 7:00 p.m. - Regular City Council meeting
- City Council Chambers – City Hall
- Zoom Invite request here for meeting conducted by Zoom Virtual Platform
Rocky Ford City Council is comprised of seven elected members. Council members serve staggered 4-year terms, so as half of the Council is replaced every two years. Two members are elected for and from each of the 3 wards in the City, plus one Mayor. The Mayor serves a 2-year term and can be elected for 3 consecutive terms. Terms end November 28th.
- Susan Jung- Mayor - Term through 2021
- Rich Geist (2023), Ward I
- Sherry Cordova, (2021), Ward I
- Larry Herrera, (2021) Ward II
- Daryl Grasmick, (2021), Ward II
- Cuco Ruiz (2023), Ward III
- Peggy Sue Romero, (2021), Ward III
NON-VOTING SUPPORT STAFF
ABOUT ROCKY FORD CITY COUNCIL
Rocky Ford City Council was established by ordinance. The Colorado State Legislature has defined two types of government for city and town councils, either statutory or home rule. Statutory cities follow a form defined by statute. Home rule cities write their own charter and define their own powers and duties. Statutory cities are described as either strong mayor or council manager. Citizens of Rocky Ford voted to have a council manager form of government where a single professional manager assumes responsibility for city departments, personnel and finances (as opposed to the strong mayor form, in which the council assumes these responsibilities). City council hires and fires the city manager, establishes policies and advises the manager. Council is responsible for granting or rescinding liquor licenses.
CITY OF ROCKY FORD MUNICIPAL CODE
Click here to read the City of Rocky Ford Municipal Code.